I bet half of you could go to sleep now? you are stressed, you are tired. Maybe a bad nights sleep last night and the night before and the night before. We are chronically tired.
We are the only animal on the planet that will sacrifice sleep (besides the odd animal in some life saving behaviour) to do something like watch tv, drink or socialise.
If you have children, i can’t begin to understand and my heart goes out to you, one day i will know the pain and satisfaction.
Moving on however, if you don’t then sort it out it can lead to some pretty crappy side effect.
1.Fatigue (fatigue masks strength)
4.Struggle with Fatloss
5.Lack of Motivation
Here are 6 tips to getting a better night sleep.
1. Put your phone down, your alarm goes off even if the phone is on aeroplane mode and those bright lights add an information overload to your brain making sleep harder. The brain processes lights and won’t shut down, same for the tv, tablet, laptop, its all information.
2. No electronics after a certain time… in fact ban electronics, just read, meditate or actually have a conversation with your partner. Get a good old fashioned wind up alarm clock. get rid of tv, netflix, the ipad.
3. Get enough sleep, 7/8 hours. Don’t go to bed at 2am and expect to get up all cheery at 7am. doubt me? try it?
4. Tapper off your hydration in the evening, no one wants to get up a 3am to go toilet if you’ve been woken up by the kid then again my sympathies.
5. More of a statement that a tip… the bedroom is meant for two things, sleeping and the other depends how kinky you get either way all help you relax and recover.
6. Coffee, reduce your caffeine intake after 12, id say just don’t have any. Caffeine puts a plug on your sleep hormone think of coffee as your bathtub plug… it stops the sleep hormone (water) from being realised. it has a half like of 5 hours, so 5 hours later there is 50% of the dosage you took in your system.
If still can’t sleep well, look at you diet.
Thanks for reading.